.

This page expresses my unceasing devotion to beauty, creativity and the deep language of "soul". I am an artist by profession; however, I love art so much that I would draw, paint and write even if I was the last human left on the planet.

Most of the paintings displayed here have been sold; prints can be arranged, though, for a reasonable price. Some originals are still available, and I do accept commissions. These days, I also accept chickens, butter and clothing (and other goods and services) in lieu of typical currency. :)

I will post paintings as they are finished and as space allows; please SCROLL DOWN or see the archives to view all of them.

If you are interested in a purchase, please contact me directly at: aka.rhiannon@gmail.com.

Enjoy!

Wednesday, January 13, 2010


Roses

How many deaths does it take to get to heaven?
If someone told me five years back
that I’d never left—but no, I needed
more dying.
I had to play one more kind of fool
and step off another cliff, with a different-colored rose
in my teeth.
Even upon impact, in the midst of the latest shattered role,
Love was the only thing that ever made sense.
I’d find myself somehow
resurrected,
walking the path to the top of the next ridge,
tasting a thorny stem. Again.

Last time, the fall was so long as I looked from the edge,
I just knew it went straight to hell.
I wanted to sit forever with the view in sharp relief
and a dead flower for companionship.

Grace had other ideas.
I swear I was pushed.
The fall was so long
that I had time to do somersaults and twists
and a complete review of many lives.
I had time to catch myself
in surrender,
even before my sudden landing
in your arms,
my rose safe in your teeth
beneath your laughing eyes.


No comments:

Post a Comment